Too many people are asking God for His specific will in their relationships, career and family without obeying the general will of God first. How will God tell us more specifically when we do not even obey what is written in His word? Today I was reading the Bible and came across 3 passages regarding the general will of God in the Bible. Below are the 3 passages:
1) 1 Peter 2:15 “For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.”
2) 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.”
3) 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
So below are my 5 application points to obey the general will of God first:
1) Do good to silence the foolish.
2) Avoid sexual immorality and be self-control.
3) Be joyful always.
4) Pray continually.
5) Give thanks in all circumstances.
As I seek to obey more of the general will of God in my life first, I pray that God will reveal more of His specific will in my life. I pray that you will do the same too! 🙂